Stop by our church grounds and walk our labyrinth!
Located behind our church building
There are several verses in the Bible that relate to the purpose of a Christian labyrinth. In these verses, God explains to us that He is the way, and the path to salvation, such as:
· I am the way, the truth and the life – John 14:16
· Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.” – Isaiah 30:21
· You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. – Psalms 16:10
· In their heart’s humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps. – Proverbs 16:9
· For we walk by faith, not by sight. – Corinthians 5:7
Unlike a maze that features dead ends, a labyrinth has only one path that twists and turns, but eventually leads to the center. Like the labyrinth’s path, our life’s journey is challenging, but when one feels lost along the path, God’s salvation is at the center.
Here are some simple steps you can take to walk or pray the labyrinth:
· Step into the labyrinth’s brick-edged path, and move towards the center while clearing your mind, opening your heart, and bringing your focus to God’s presence.
· Upon reaching the center, reflect on the peace within, and on your relationship with God.
· Walk the outward path into the present world with a renewed sense of self and purpose; to share God’s message with the world.